November 4, 2009

Nicholas's Zoo Field Trip

On Monday, Nicholas and I headed to the St.Louis Zoo with his class. I remember how much fun I had when my mom went with my class and I to the zoo when I was little. I am so glad that I now get to be on the other side of that excitement! I am so lucky that I am able to be home with my children and enjoy going on field trips with them. Nicholas and I had fun! We had two of his classmates in our group as you will see in the pictures below. I look forward to many more adventurous field trips with my Nicholas!

Austin, Nicholas, and Blake on the bus getting ready to go to the zoo!

Me and my FAVORITE first grader!

Our Group

Petting an iguana

And a guinea pig

Nicholas brushing a goat.

Eww...BUG!!!

Going for a ride on the zoo's train.

Cheese!

Just a cute picture!

Me and my big boy!

This is what I wanted to do by the end of the day!
This was our first time on the carousal at the zoo.
It was a hit with all three boys so we decided to ride on it twice!

This bear has the right idea...lay and just be!

This penguin tried to eat our map! There was a small opening in the glass and next thing I know we are fighting with a penguin over a map! CRAZY!!

3 comments:

Grandma Connie said...

And what a perfect day for you to go to the zoo, after all the rain!! I think it is fun that Nicholas's cousin, Austin, was in your group. You will love looking back on these photos.

Katy said...

What a fun field trip, & you had such gorgeous weather too! Looks like the boys (& you too Liz) had a blast.

Em and Steve said...

Your boys are so lucky to have such a great mom that is able to go on those trips! It looks like it was a great day!