February 8, 2010

3 A's +2 E's = 3 Goldfish

A couple weeks ago, Nicholas brought home his 2nd Quarter report card. He got all A's and E's. As you can imagine, I was very happy and proud of him for doing such a terrific job in school! I always make a point to do something special for him so that he knows good things come to those that work hard. In his case, getting good grades!

Well, little did I know that all of this would end up with us getting not 1, not 2 but, 3 new pets. After searching Target's toy aisle for a special treat, Nicholas couldn't find anything that sparked his interest. (Obviously this boy doesn't take after me because I can ALWAYS find something to buy at Target) He was starting to get discouraged when I said, "What about a pet fish?" (What about a what? What's wrong with me? Another thing to take care of? Sheesh!) Nicholas was all smiles after that! All three boys and I jumped into the car and headed to Walmart. Once we were there in the pet aisle, I quickly discovered that 1 fish would not suffice. Joshua had to get one too. For 28cents, I figured what the heck, throw another one in the bag for Noah! I guess I was having an Oprah moment. "You're all getting FISH!"

Fast forward to today: We currently have 2 fish remaining, Rocky (Nicholas's fish) and Fishy (Noah's fish). Yep. You guessed it. Joshua's fish (Goldie) lasted for exactly 1 week. It was a very sad day for Joshua (that's another story in itself) He has decided to adopt/share Noah's fish for the time being. The boys have been doing a great job taking care of their fish. Nicholas and Joshua help clean the fish bowel and always feed them. The are really enjoying their new fish friends!



4 comments:

Grandma Connie said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. You are such a good mom!! And, I loved the names the boys gave the fish.

Jaycie and Randy said...

Good job Nicholas!! Good luck with those fish...One year and eight fish later we have given up fo now!!

Katy said...

Great job Nicholas, & so sorry for Joshua's litte fish!

Aunt Peg said...

Goldfish - great idea. yes, Nicholas told me about the one buried at sea Sunday. Thank goodness easily replaceable. You are a fun mom