February 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

On January 29th, I turned the big 3-0! Believe it or not, but I have been looking forward my 30th birthday for quite some time. If you know me (or my mother for that fact) then you know I love to throw birthday parties! As a little girl, I had a birthday party every year with cake, balloons, and the whole nine yards. (Thanks Mom and Dad) So, for the last few years my Mom, Nick, and I have been planning to have a Prince Purple Rain Party for my 30th Birthday. I figured that if I HAD to turn 30 well, I was going to have fun doing so!

We decided to throw this shin dig at Nick's home away from home, The Juicy Peanut, here in Mascoutah. Of course, there were balloons, Glow sticks/cups/necklaces/straws, streamers, and all. There wasn't any cake,but that was replaced with thirst quenching purple drink specials! Everyone was dressed in their purple attire as I requested! The Peanut looked like a sea of purple. We danced all night to Prince hits as provided by my favorite DJ, The Good Doctor. I had so many guests which made me feel very loved and really special. I am truly blessed to have the greatest family and bestest of friends in my life. My birthday wouldn't have been same without them there. If you are reading this....THANK YOU!

After we shut the bar down, all of my side of the family (there were lots that traveled to see me on my special day) came to my house to eat tacos (compliments of my Mom and Aunts)! I am not going to get into much detail on this because I might just pee my pants typing. For the select few that came over and ate...well, you know what I am talking about. I swear. There is never a dull moment on the Lopez side!!!

When all was said and done, it was 5:30am before this 30 year old went to bed. It was a GREAT night. I never thought that turning 30 would be so much fun! A special thank you to my Mom and Dad! I love you both so very much. I wish I could spend every single one of my birthdays with you. To my hubby, Nick. Thank you for all the planning and coordinating you did to make my birthday party one that I will never forget. I love you!


*Unfortunately, I don't have any pics to share because I did not take any pictures. I am hoping that I will get some forwarded my way soon to share with all of you!

4 comments:

Jaycie and Randy said...

Happy Birthday, Sister! It was a wonderful party!! You brought 30 in with flare! I'll have to send yu some of the pics I took...suprisingly I didn't take many either, but I have pirated some for our friends! Love you!

Roma said...

It was a fabulous party! I'm so glad we were able to be there to celebrate with you!

Connie said...

You're not getting older, you are getting better. You looked beautiful at your party and had such a wonderful turnout to help you celebrate your big day. So glad we were able to be a part of it.

Katy said...

I'll email you the pics I have! It was a great party, & you turned 30 with style!