July 16, 2011

Summer Ball

I have always enjoyed the game of baseball. I remember my Dad taking my brothers, sister, and I  to see a few MLB games when we were younger. I also remember watching him play ball as a little girl. In highschool, I remember watching Nick play baseball during the school year and Legion ball in the summer. These days, I watch Nicholas and Joshua play baseball. I have developed a LOVE for baseball over the years and it's because of my dad, husband, and my little boys! 

This summer, Nicholas began playing "real" baseball. What I mean by that is his team played all the positions including pitching and catching. The team even traveled to other towns to play. Some weeks he would have 2-3 games. This was a major change for us (mostly me) this year! Joshua started his second year of t-ball this summer. He loves playing baseball! He enjoys everything about it. I wish I would have been able to catch more of his games this season (his games were on the weekends when I was working). However, I did make it to every single one of his practices! Our baseball season just wrapped up this past weekend. Can't wait to do it again next year!  

Nick and Nicholas.
Nick has been Nicholas's Head Coach every since he started playing Khoury League Baseball. This year was a little bit of a challenge because Nick's work scheduled changed as the season kicked off. He had to work nights. His boss was nice and understanding enough to let him take a couple hours off to coach the team when they were playing at home here in Mascoutah. As you can see in the picture above, this was one of those nights.    
Joshua and Noah. 

Grandpa Bob, Noah, and Grandma Connie walking to the car after the game. 
Grandpa Bob and Grandma Connie were able to catch a few games this season! Even Grandpa Dan, Grandma Violet, and Grandma Ana got to see a game while they were in town visiting!

Joshua playing second base. 

Nicholas, Noah, and Uncle Andrew at Joshua's T-ball game.
While in town visiting, Uncle Andrew was able to see Joshua play baseball. The boys are always so excited to see him. They can play for hours and hours with him! I guess that's what uncles are for!

Joshua with his serious game face on.

Here is Joshua batting!

Noah!
Noah is not old enough to play Khoury League ball, but that does not stop him from bringing a bat, ball, and glove to every single game. He always finds someone to play ball with.

Nicholas playing second base.

Nick/Daddy watching his team!

Nicholas up to bat.

No comments: