May 21, 2009

May Birthday!?!?



Today, at preschool, Joshua celebrated his 4th birthday! Now, we all know that Joshua's "real" birthday is in August, but he wanted to bring birthday treats to share with all his friends. Everyone else had their birthdays throughout the school year. (keep in mind there are only 6 kids including him) Poor little Joshua is the only kid in his class to have a summer birthday, so his teacher and I decided that today was Joshua's birthday day! He picked out a special treat (brownies and juice boxes) and helped me put together treat bags (Slinky's, funny face glasses, gumballs, lick-a-maid, and ring pops) to share with his classmates.

5 comments:

Katy said...

Aww, that is so sweet! I'm so happy Joshua gets to celebrate his birthday early with his classmates!

Me said...

I feel you, Joshua. Our birthdays are right next to each other, and I never got to bring in treats! Have fun!

Aunt Peg said...

That is sweet and Joshua looks so excited for his big day. Good idea!!!

Grandma Violet said...

Happy Early B-day Joshua.
This was such a great Idea.
Nice treat bag goodies mom.
Love and Feliz Compleanos.
Grandma Violet
PS I miss you

Grandma Connie said...

What a good mom you are, Liz! I also have a summer birthday, and always felt cheated out of the special day at school. He was very proud to wear the birthday boy pin. Thanks for the post!