May 26, 2009

Old Friends = Good times

We had a special visit from an old friend over the holiday weekend. Our high school buddy, Ethan, and his family came over for dinner on Friday evening. It was a beautiful day to BBQ outside, so that is exactly what we did. Ethan's little boy, Manny, had a so much fun playing in the back yard with the boys and all their toys. Nick and I really enjoyed having them over. I enjoyed catching up with Ethan's wife, Leanna, and even found out that we have something in common. We both LOVE burned hot dogs! The food was delicious and the company was great! Can't wait to get together the next time they are in town.
Nick and Ethan
Me and Leanna
Manny! Is he cute or what? Joshua had a hard time believing that he was a boy. I guess the longer hair threw him off. He would say she instead of he. He would also call him Mandy instead of Manny. We tried to correct him, but it didn't work!
Playing catch with Ethan while Daddy grills.
Master of the grill!
I am not quite sure why he needed the helmet, but he sure does look cute with it on.
Look at how well he shares his toys.
"I guess I will just sit right here and suck my thumb."

5 comments:

Katy said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Joshua cracks me up calling Manny, "Mandy". :)

Grandma Connie said...

Many a good time has been had in the backyard -- glad to see you are adding your own fun. Enjoyed the pictures of Ethan and family -- what happened to skinny Ethan? He has quite the shoulders now.

Me said...

That looks like a great time :) and Nicholas was telling us about how he HATED the burnt hot dogs! I guess that is an acquired taste...

Jaycie and Randy said...

Fun!! Looks like you guys had fun hanging in the yard!! I am on the burnt hotdog bandwagon!! Really is there another way to eat them?? See you tomorrow!

Mom said...

You look like you all had a great time. I can tell that you enjoyed Ethan and his family. Got's to love the burnt hot dogs. Yummy!