September 17, 2009

Joshua's 1st Day!

Preschool here I come!

Hanging up his backpack on his hook.

Joshua and his new teacher, Mrs. Amy.


You have probably been wondering where in the world did we go? I am sorry for the delayed blogging. However, I have been really busy. Last week, Noah and I traveled to San Antonio while Nick stayed home with Nicholas and Joshua (they both had school). For those that have not already heard; my Dad was having to go in for a cardiac catheterization (a procedure where they can see if any of the arteries in his heart have blockages)after failing to pass a Stress Test (a test where they look at the electrical activity of the heart while he walked on a treadmill) Being that I am a "heart" nurse, I had to go. I would not have had it any other way. I am very happy and relieved to say that my Dad's heart is very healthy! No blockages!!! Or as my Dad says, "I am free to eat double cheeseburgers everyday for the next ten years."

So, while I was in Texas, Joshua started his first day of preschool in the 4 year old class. I was so sad/upset that I could not be with him on his first day and take him to school. I guess that is why there is two of us (Nick and I) Nick stepped up to the plate and got Joshua ready for school, took lots of pictures for me, and took our baby to school. This year he is going to Nicholas's old preschool, Zion Lutheran. This is his first year at this school, so this meant there would be lots of new faces. Joshua has no problem making new friends. He just jumps right in! We are now one week into school and he tells me that his favorite thing to do at school is play. I can't wait to see how much he learns throughout the school year.

4 comments:

Katy said...

I'm sure he has no problems making new friends! He looks like such a big kid in the photos!

Roma said...

I'm glad to hear your dad's ok!

Aunt Peg said...

So glad to hear everything is good with your dad - bring on the cheeseburgers!!! Joshua is always up for an adventure - looks so excited!!!

Grandma Connie said...

He is such a good boy, and so excited about school. I hope he is always so happy to go to school. What a cutie!