August 20, 2009

Back to School!

Today was Nicholas's first day (half day) of 1st grade! Wow. Did I just say 1st grade? Man, that little boy is getting so big! He was so excited to wake up this morning and get ready for his first day back to school. I hope getting up for school continues to be this easy.

After putting on his backpack and posing for a couple of "first day of school" snap shots, Nicholas and I headed off to school. Grandma Connie was waiting for our arrival and even walked with us to Nicholas's new classroom! He was all grin as we made our way to the last door on the right, Mrs. Mueller-Hamman's classroom.......1st grade here he comes!

He looked around at his new room and searched for familiar faces. He has lots of friends in his class this year! After putting away all of his new supplies, it was time for me to leave. This time (believe it or not) I didn't cry. I was happy because he was happy. This boy loves school and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Here is First Grader Nicholas.

Lets do this!

Nicholas meeting Mrs. Mueller-Hamman for the first time.
Welcome to 1st grade!
Putting away his school supplies

No more sitting at tables.
He has his very own desk! He was very excited about that!

Getting down to business

I took this picture as I was walking out the door. As I left, he mouthed an unprompted, "I love you mom." Even though he is a BIG 1st grader now, he will always be my baby!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Sounds like Nicholas couldn't have asked for a better 1st day of 1st grade. I can't wait to hear all the details from him!

P.S. Nicholas, Jami loves your backpack!

Mom said...

Love the pictures Elizabeth. Nicholas looks so happy to finally look forward to getting up in the morning and having a place to go, having fun outside the home and with different people.
I love the part where he told you he loves you. I still tell all of you every chance That I love you and I still can get a "love you too" and I get that feeling you felt when Nicholas told you! !LOL!
Don't forget to make some time to upload the pictures of Texas.
Happy Birthday Joshua!