August 3, 2009

Whirl Wind of a Weekend

Friday: It's Homecoming time here in good ol' Mascoutah!
If you have never had the pleasure of going to a Mascoutah Homecoming than you, my friend, have been deprived. It's one of our favorite times of the year. As a matter of fact, I think Nick enjoys the it more so than Christmas. You can't beat the food, fun, family, friends, and let me not forget the buckets of beer! This year the boys (even Noah) had a blast riding all the carnival rides. Noah was able to ride on the cars with his older 2 brothers. He did not make much of a reaction. He just sat and sucked his thumb while going around and round. Nicholas and Joshua's favorite ride was the Apples (giant apples that go around in a circle plus spin)








Saturday: Mandy and Justin get hitched!
Mandy (Nick's cousin on his Dad's side of the family)and Justin asked Nicholas to be the ring bearer in her wedding. Initially (and I am not sure why), Nicholas was reluctant of having to perform this duty. However, after receiving all the compliments of how nice/handsome he looked and what a great job he did, he was pretty happy with his decision to walk down the aisle. Plus, he walked with his two cousins, Camryn and Sydney. All 3 of them looked like professional ring bearer and flower girls. As a matter of fact, Angie and I might start renting them out for weddings. Just kidding! The wedding was beautiful and the reception was fun! I love weddings and this one was no exception especially since my little man was in it!
















Sunday: More Homecoming!
Homecoming came to an end on Sunday. Since we did not get to see the parade on Saturday, we pack up our lawn chairs and head over to the elementary school to see it on Sunday. Our parade is always so much fun to watch. I am not sure who enjoys it the most me or the boys. I love parades! Anyhow, who cares if I am 29 and get excited when I hear the marching bands. All that matters is the memory of sitting next to my boys as the parade goes by. Till next year.............











3 comments:

Grandma Connie said...

Wonderful pictures! It was a fun weekend. I was so proud of our family and my beautiful grandchildren. Thanks for posting the pictures, Liz. I am sure you were very busy this morning getting ready for your flight to Texas. Be safe, and we sure will miss you!

Katy said...

You really captured the whole weekend! Hope you guys have a safe flight today & a great time in San Antonio! Tell you family hello from us.

Roma said...

Wow - looks like a very fun and busy weekend!