January 15, 2010

Roller Skating!

At the beginning of the week, Nicholas brought home a flier for a skating night hosted by his school at Fun Spot in Belleville. I asked Nicholas if he would like to go. He was a little hesitant to say yes or no because he didn't know what roller skating at a roller skating rink all entailed. After doing a little reminiscing of the days when I skated on that same rink, I explained how much fun it would be for him to go and try it out. My sales pitch must have been a pretty good one because he agreed to go!

This was Nicholas's first time ever roller skating. I am glad that he decided to try it out for the first time along side some of his classmates. If it wasn't for them being there, I am sure he would have given up after his first fall. He was a little shaky at first and even wanted to hold my hand. After about 30 minutes into it, he started to get the hang of it and began really enjoying himself! I have a feeling that we will seeing lots of skate nights in our future!

This is the only time he stood still for a picture

Watching everyone else and learning by demonstration.

Okay, I think I am ready!?!

Here we go!

After several falls, Nicholas decided to use a "skate mate". Looks like a walker doesn't it?

He wasn't the only one that needed a walker. Here he is with some classmates.

He was such a good sport! I think it helped that he saw many others falling down just like him.

Really getting into it now!

Looking up at the disco ball. He loved all the music that they played. I think he even started moving his hips to the beat....then he fell down....again!

Taking a much needed drink break.

5 comments:

Em and Steve said...

SO much fun!

Katy said...

Looks like a great first roller skating outing! Great job Nicholas!

Abuelita Violet said...

SO COOl that he went skating. I told him on the phone on the way to fun spot how we took you when your were a little girl. Hey I wish we would have had them skating walkers when we were learning how to skate. I do think I put my foot in my mouth when I told Nicholas that I would go skating with him. I better start taking my calcium pills for my bones just in case a fall. LOL!
Love the picutres but as always you were not in them, next time give papas the camera.

Me said...

You let Nicholas know that I'll skate with him anytime he wants. I forgot how much fun that was!

Angie said...

Glad he enjoyed roller skating because a Fun Spot birthday party is what Cam and Syd have requested this year!!!! :-) It will be here before we know it!