March 29, 2010

Joshua's 1st Soccer Game!

Joshua loves to play sports! So, when I asked him if he wanted to play soccer he said, "Heck ya!" Nick signed him up for a 6 week "backyard" soccer league in Belleville. He was so excited and couldn't wait to get started. Nicholas did not want to play soccer this time around. He decided he would sit this one out and cheer his little brother on. At first, I was a little bummed that he didn't want to play. Since then, I have come to the conclusion that his decision will let Joshua SHINE. Joshua will have something of his own and not have to compete against his brother for anyone's attention. Soccer belongs to Joshua!

Joshua's first game was this past Saturday. Let me just say that this little boy is a natural when it comes to playing soccer! I knew he would LOVE it, but I didn't think that he catch on so fast. He was all over that soccer ball! He may just be the next David Beckham! We had so much fun watching Joshua play! Now check out some of the pictures I took.



Warming up!

Stopping for a quick pic.


Action shot.


Daddy helping Joshua warm up before the game.


Huddle!


And he is off!


Getting ready to score! Joshua scored the first 2 goals (and yes I cried)!!!


There was no stopping him!


Get it Joshua.


I think he is getting his players mixed up here.
Joshua put your tongue in your mouth. Micheal Jordan is basketball not soccer. Silly!


Here he is attempting to steal the ball away for his teammate.
Little does he know that those boys wearing the same jersey as him are on his side.


Go Joshua Go!


Hustle Joshua Hustle!


Playing defense.


Here we go again with the tongue!


Time for a short break.
I can tell he was playing hard by the color of his cheeks!


Some of Joshua's biggest fans!


Tia (and Baby Gideon) and Jamison were able to make it out for the game!


Grandma Connie came out too!


"Hi Mom!"


Back at it after a short break.


Game over


Taking a bow for all their fans!

Daddy helping Joshua take off his soccer gear.


I am officially a "SOCCER MOM"!

7 comments:

Grandma Violet said...

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures of my Joshua. I have a big grin on my face looking at all the pictures. Next time video. He looks like he is going to be a great player. Looks like we might have to put him in soccer camp so he can inprove his skill even more!
Oh yeah and sit up for the beckham abs.

Jaycie and Randy said...

So cute!! We may have to try and make it out to see him play!! No soccer for us this year, t-ball is all this Mommy can handle once Daddy is away... Yeah for Joshua!!

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun watching him in action -- and he is a natural. Enjoyed it so much we did not even notice the cold - too much!! Looking forward to future games.

Em and Steve said...

I LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to be a soccer mom! You make them all look GOOD.

Me said...

Joshua...you are a pro already! I'll be at the next game for sure!

Katy said...

In spite of the windy conditions, we had a great time watching Joshua dominate! He's definitely a natural at soccer!

daddylove said...

Great job Josh. Big time. Booyah!