March 11, 2010

M.I.A.

We are back! Did you miss us? First let me say, I am sorry for not updating our blog. I know it is so not like me to go days weeks a month without posting what we Walters have been up to. Trust me. I do have a perfectly good excuse for being a "slacker". Want to hear it? It goes a little something like this:

It all began about 3 weeks ago, when a certain little 23 month old got ahold of my camera. (I know. I know. I should know better than to leave my camera sitting out.) I am sure you already know who I am talking about, but in case you don't, it's Noah. He decided to try out photography and snap some pics of his own. While doing so, he broke the automatic lens cover. Let us just say that the lens cover was no longer automatic making it impossible to take pictures.Thank goodness for extended warranties! The only thing is that it is taking FOREVER to get repaired! This MAMARAZZI is going through WITHDRAWLS! I am wishing, hoping, and praying (By the way Connie, is there a Saint for cameras that I can pray to?) that Best Buy calls me very soon. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

So, now that I am cameraless, what do I do? I take my blogging hobbie to the next level. (See. I told you. WITHDRAWLS!) I had to get my "fix" and that is when I created a new blog called Mascoutah Mommy. I got the idea from another website/blog that I follow called STL Mommy and thought, "I could do this same thing and call it Mascoutah Mommy."  And it all snowballed from there! Mascoutah Mommy is a resource for all  those busy Mascoutah mommies that balance the world on their shoulders while juggling their children, husbands/significant others, family, friendships, jobs, finances, homes.......all while trying to maintain or find a sense of personal identity and fulfillment. Now this blog is a work in progress. So far, I have had 308 "hits" and counting. I even started a Facebook Fan Page and already have 33 Fans! Who knew I was so computer savvy? Anyways, check out my work for yourself http://www.mascoutahmommy.blogspot.com/ Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!



3 comments:

Grandma Connie said...

I checked it out and I am hooked!! I think you missed your calling -- you should have been a writer/journalist or something like that. Good job, Liz, but still hope you get your camera back soon. I don't think Alan Funt has been canonized yet!! Now if you had lost the camera, then we would be praying to St. Anthony!!

Abuelita Violeta said...

Yeah I'm so happy, youare back on but I miss seeing my boys on your blog!

Angie said...

I just became a "fan"! You go girl!