April 30, 2010

Bye Bye Daddy


Today marks day #2 for me as a single mother. Nick/Daddy is away on military duty in Turkey until May 17th. I am aready having to deal with a sick little boy (Nicholas) on my own. I know I am a nurse and all, but it's nice having a second set of hands to help out when needed. Thank goodness we have Grandma Connie and Grandpa Bob here to help me out! Lets just keep our fingers crossed and hope Nicholas feels better soon.

Okay, back to Nick/Daddy. Oh how we miss him already. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that he gets to travel to Turkey. I mean, how many people can say they have been to there? It's just that I would like him home, where he belongs, with us. I am already counting down the days. Hopefully, this trip will be a little easier with the help of technology and Skype. Nick bought a mini laptop for this trip so that we can video chat online while he is away! The boys are already asking me if we can call him on the computer. I keep having to remind them that he is working and in a different time zone (what a hard concept to grasp for Joshua) We hope to hear/see him today/tonight on the computer. It will be nice to know that he made it safe and sound!

2 comments:

Grandma Connie said...

At least this time you know when he will come home -- remember when he was gone when Nicholas was a baby and you did not know for how long!! You are a very good wife and mother!! P.S. He looks so handsome, and I miss him too!!

Jaycie and Randy said...

I am feeling for your sister!! Randy is leaving in a few weeks, and while we are prepared, I keep getting more pregnant :) But as always we will make it! And I know you will too! Isn't it funny how everytime they leave things seem to fall apart... The last time Randy was gone my garage door broke (or I pulled it down on my car--whichever :) and Liv had chicken pox...But they do have once in a lifetime experiences that cannot be replaced!! Let me know if you need anything!!! Take care of the boys, but don't forget about you!!