April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!

I hope that everyone had a very happy Easter. We, Walters, had a great one! I can't believe that Easter has come and gone. Where is the time going?

I am so thankful that I was able to get the day off to spend Easter with the boys and Nick. Our Esater morning started with the boys looking through their Eater baskets, playing with all the new toys, and eating lots of candy. After a while, they began noticing all the eggs laying/hiding around the living room. This is when hunt #1 of 3 began! The Easter bunny hid real eggs, so lucky for us that we found all 18  of them.

Joshua and Nicholas with their baskets.

Nicholas opening up Noah's ZuZu bunny.

Joshua eating more candy! Nothing beats eating candy for breakfast!

Noah looking at all the treats that the Easter Bunny left him.

A bunny full of Sweet Tart Jelly Beans! Yummy!


After getting dressed in our Sunday Easter best, the boys and I headed to church. Easter Mass was, like always, beautiful. The music was beautiful, everyone is dressed so nice, and most importantly I was there with my boys. After church, we headed to Grandma Connie and Grandpa Bob's house for an Easter brunch. We ate breakfast casseroles, cheesy potatoe casserole, waffles (with all the toppings), fruit salad, and a spread of cookies. The food was delicious! After we were all finished eating, we went outside to hunt for eggs. We had such nice weather that we decied to relax in the backyard while all the grandkids played.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get them to look at the camera at the same time. This was as good as I was going to get.

The Walter Grandkids.

Nicholas wanted to get out of his "nice" clothes so bad. Here he is sporting a new outfit that he got for Easter from Grandma Connie and Grandpa Bob. I can't believe he stopped long enough for me to take a picture.  

Joshua is wearing his new outfit too. Here he is hunting more eggs!

My little shu shu hunting for eggs.

I am not sure what she is telling him. Frankly, I am just happy they are enjoying each other in this moment!

Jamie is realxing after looking hard for all those eggs!

Nick and I

Bob and Angie

Maggie and Andy

The Sister-in-laws and I

Grandpa Bob and Grandma Connie

The fun didn't end at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We went to Aunt Di's house for some more Easter food and fun! I love holidays for these reasons 1) food 2) fun and 3) FAMILY. Of course this is where Easter egg hunt #3 took place.  It was a great day and a very HAPPY EASTER!

And they're off!

He found one! My favorite pic of the day!


4 comments:

Jaycie and Randy said...

Great pictures of the kids ( and the grown ups too;) Looks like you all had a wonderful Easter! I am so glad you didn't have to work!

Katy said...

It was such a fun, blessed day! I love the photo of Jami & Noah. It proves they really do love each other (sometimes). :)

Grandma Connie said...

Love the pictures -- so happy you have your camera back again. The kids had so much fun -- I grin every time I think of Noah's smile on the group picture. He is not a baby anymore -- he is right in there with all the big kids. It was great having you with us this holiday -- we miss you, Liz, when you are working.

Angie said...

Great pictures! I'm going to steal them off your blog for the girls memory book! You were totally on it this year - I was a picture flunkie! Plus the couple of pics I took and Nick took with my camera of us sisters turned out fuzzy, I think my camera setting must have gotten switched or something. Anywho - so glad you got all these great ones!