July 28, 2008

Swimmg Lessons













Today was the first day of swimming lessons for Nicholas and Joshua. Nicholas was not having a good time at first because the water was so cold! It was only 81 degrees this morning. I had to keep encouraging him to stay in the pool with all the other swimmers. For those of you that know my Nicholas, you know it's hard to get him out of his moods when he is in one! His instructor got the vibe that he was not having fun being in the water so he made Nicholas be the demonstrator. After that, he started having fun (mind you he was still ticked off about the water being so cold) Joshua had a different experience with his swimming lesson. He is still too young to do lessons on his own so guess who had to get in the pool with him. Yep, that would be me. Nicholas sat poolside and watched Noah while Joshua and I blew bubbles in the water, made splashes with our legs and arms, and sang songs. Joshua loved every minute of it. I think the reason why he enjoyed it so much was because he had mommy all to himself! I was not able to get a picture of Joshua because I was in the pool with him. I was able to get a picture of Nicholas and his swimming teacher (that's what the boys called the instructors) I will try to capture more photos of the boys learning to swim for all of you!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Oh how fun!! The girls loved their swim lessons last year, but only if the weather was warm. They got very strong personalities when the water was too cold and they didn't want to get in - just like NIcholas! :-) Must be a Walter thing - they certainly couldn't have gotten that from either one of us, right Liz?!?!?

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Joshua and Nicholas! I cannot wait for you to show me what you are learning in swimming lessons. I bet you are the best in the class.

Katy said...

Oh, I know all about Nicholas' moods. He is a kid that knows what he wants! I love how serious he looks in the 2nd pic. :)

Hilaria said...

Haha thats funny how nicholas got in his mood and didnt like the cold water.
Cant blame him right?

Come on even tia lala cant swim.
Guess i need a swimming teacher!

Miss you all and Love you Sissy

Anonymous said...

Ahh!
He looks like he is not a happy camper but that was great that he was the example for the rest of the kids. He is a natural leader.
I'm thinking of the day's that you and Daniel did the swim lesson at the base pool in Guam.
You were about Nicholas Age. Love you all.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Can't blame poor Nicholas. I remember when I use to teach swimming lessons on mornings when the water was cold... Not my favorite memories:)