January 21, 2009

8 Months Old


On December 24th, Noah turned 8 months old. This little boy never ceases to amaze me. He has been so busy this past month growing, learning, and discovering everything around him. I know that he will be turning 9 months here in a few days. However, I am going to fill you in on Noah's life at age 8 months.
  • Noah celebrated his 1st Christmas this month! He enjoyed playing with all the wrapping paper and boxes. Eventually, he decided to play with all his new toys. Santa Claus brought Noah a big boy car seat.
  • No statistics to report because we did not have a well baby visit this month. We will be going to see Dr. Raben next week.
  • Noah has 5 teeth! (as you can see in the picture above) Noah got his front top left tooth on 12/24/08, his front top right tooth on 01/02/09, and his top left 2nd tooth on 01/12/09. He has a mouthful now! He uses his teeth to chew on food such as fruit puffs, Cheerios, and yogurt bites. Little by little, Noah has been experiencing table food. I have found that I am so much more relaxed with the 3rd child when it comes to introducing table food. Just last night I gave him a little bit of an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Yum! Don't be alarmed though, he still enjoys eating at Mom's the best!
  • Noah is "talking" a lot more these days. His newest "word" is Ma! So far his vocabulary consists of Da, Bah, and Ma.
  • Noah loves to laugh and I could sit and listen to him do it all day long. He has this laugh that is so infectious. He sometimes will laugh so hard that he falls over! It's ADORABLE! I will try to get him on camera for you all to see.
  • Noah can use his fingers to pinch. As a matter of fact, he is famous for grabbing, scratching, and pinching mommy's face. He can be very aggressive at times and I will have to hold his hands down because he hurts!
  • Noah can clap his hands. When you motion and tell him "clap, clap, clap Noah!" he will clap for you. This little man is beginning to feel the beat and rhythm when music is playing. I have even caught him starting to move to the music.

6 comments:

Katy said...

I just love the huge toothy smile! Noah is the sweetest baby boy, even when Jami makes him cry. ;)

Jaycie and Randy said...

He is getting so big! Hard to believe... I am glad to see you blogging more! I missed the Walter updates!! Call me! I have left you 2 messages...

Jaycie and Randy said...

He is getting so big! Hard to believe... I am glad to see you blogging more! I missed the Walter updates!! Call me! I have left you 2 messages...

Anonymous said...

Oh our little man is getting such a personality!!! Love those front teeth - especially when he smiles real big!!! I had the pleasure of having Noah fall asleep in my arms in church Sunday. Loved every minute of it!!!

Anonymous said...

Every word of your post is true -- he is an adorable baby boy. Very sweet personality. We all love our baby Noah.

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big.
I love to hear him laugh over the phone while you and I are talking Elizabeth.
Thank you for the update.
Love and miss you all
Mom