April 6, 2009

Good news. Bad news.

I will start with the bad news. I guess little Noah passed his illness on to his big brother Nicholas. Today, I got a call from the school nurse saying Nicholas was at lunch and wasn't feeling well. He had a low grade temperature and was complaining about a sore throat and ear ache. After looking in his ears, she discovered that the left ear was swollen and red. I sent Daddy to bring Nicholas home. When he got home he was still complaining about his ear hurting him. I think we may have an ear infection on our hands. Nicholas stayed home from school on Friday because he had a fever of 102 degrees. Over the weekend, he was feeling better and even played with a friend at his house. Oh well. We will see what Dr. Raben has to say about his throat and ears. We have an appointment in about 30 minutes or so. I will keep you posted!
On the flip side. Here is the good news. Nicholas brought home his report card today.(see below) He did a FANTASTIC job this quarter! All E's!!!!! As you can imagine, I began to tear up while reading the paper. He is so smart! Nick and I are so proud of him!
Way to go Nicholas!!!!!!

3 comments:

Me said...

That is so great! (the report card, not the earache) Just when I think he is the smartest kid...he gets even smarter! See you guys for Easter...can't wait!

Katy said...

Great job Nicholas, & I hope you feel better very soon!

Grandma Connie said...

I did not need to see his report card to know he is such a smart boy. But, it is sure nice to see all the E's. Way to go, Nicholas. Grandpa and I are very proud of you, and know that you are very good in school also.

I am happy for good old antibiotics -- you will be riding your 4-wheeler in know time.