May 17, 2010

All In A Day

The last time I checked, it was May not April. You know the phrase "April showers bring May flowers"? Well, I think we may have to rephrase that because we have had nothing but rain, rain, and more over the last few days weeks. I am so sick of all this wetness!

A couple weeks ago, we did manage to have a few really nice days. Joshua, Noah, and I (Nicholas was at school) decided to eat a picnic lunch outside in the backyard. I guess all the early morning playing caught up with Noah because while I was in the kitchen getting our lunch ready, he was doing this..............

 He climbed up in the baby swing (by himself) and fell asleep. This is proof that he is still the baby! So, while Noah took a nap in the swing, Joshua and I had a picnic.

Here we are enjoying our lunch.

Menu:
Turkey Sandwich (for Mom)/ Turkey Roll-ups (for Joshua)
String Cheese
Doritos
Grapes
Yogurt

My lunch date and I.

It's not a true picnic if you can't play between bites.

Uh oh! Look who decided to wake up and join us.

Later on that day, we got a phone call from Grandpa Bob asking us to come over to see something he found in his yard while he was mowing the grass. It was a TURTLE! This turtle was stuck inside Grandpa's basement window well. Grandpa scooped him up and put him in a cooler to show the boys.

The turtle was afraid of us and wouldn't come out of his shell. I attempted to get a picture of it, but this was all I could get. Later on that evening, Nicholas and Grandpa released the turtle ino the ditch in the backyard.

5 comments:

mom said...

love the pics! Liz your hair is getting long. but Nicholas and Joshua look way toooo short. Come on! hot dog! LOL
Lunch looks good, You are such a great mommy.

Katy said...

What a fun day & love all the photos!

Roma said...

What a fun day!

Grandma Connie said...

You are such a fun mom -- think Noah is a little envious of the baby you watch? Enjoy looking at your blog everyday.

Jaycie and Randy said...

That looks like such a fun day!! I love the pictures of the boys on your blog!! When did you get those done?? they look great! We need to catch up!!!!!!!! Hope to talk to you soon!