March 6, 2009

Special Delivery

Nicholas received a special delivery yesterday! The mailman left a package in our mailbox from two special people that live in Texas. Yep, you guessed it! Grandma Violet and Grandpa Dan sent Nicholas some books that are at his reading level. He was so excited to open the package and was even more excited to see/read the books! He couldn't wait to read them. As a matter of fact, he read all of them yesterday. One right after the other without a break! He was so proud of himself because most of the books had 32 pages! He couldn't believe that he could read so many pages.

Thank you so much Mom and Dad for sending Nicholas a special surprise! We only wish that you were here so that he could read them to you both. We love and miss you!







6 comments:

Katy said...

Wow Nicholas, you are just too smart! And I love the last photo, with Joshua also "reading". ;)

Jaycie and Randy said...

AWESOME!! We will have to get together soon, I promise Nicholas I would make him some special books from my school!

Anonymous said...

Well I guess he was excited, Nicholas talk my ear off on the phone, But I loved every minute of it. Don't worry Nicholas Level two books are on there way. Don't forget to read to your brothers. I will send some books for your to read to them too.
I will see you Thursday April 16th. Can't wait to see you all.

Anonymous said...

how exciting to get something in the mail! Grandma Violet, you made his day -- and he is really getting the hang at reading. A whole new world opening up to him. He is one smart, amazing little boy.

Me said...

I love the pictures of Nicholas with his books. He gradually loses his smile...I can hear him saying, "Okay, mom. Can I just read them now?"

Angie said...

How fun!!! I love getting surprise deliveries in the mail and not bills!! ;-)