June 17, 2008

Daddy to the Rescue


Nick's guard unit was called to assist with all the flooding the Midwest has been experiencing. Yesterday afternoon, he received the phone call telling him to report today at 5:30am with his bags packed. He wasn't told where they would be going or how long they will be gone. Nick thinks that it will be only a week at the most. I am hoping he can call us sooner than later to give us more details. Needless to say, he is gone and we sure do miss him already! I hope that he stays safe while helping those in need and returns home quickly.Here is a picture of Nick before he was heading out the door. He wasn't thrilled with the idea of me taking his picture at 5 o'clock in the morning!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Be safe Nick! Thanks for doing your duty, & we're so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

good thing Nick is physically and mentally ready for this challenge!!! We are so proud of you but remember, stay out of the water!!!

Liz, I loved how Noah was already getting back at you - how cute~~~

By the way, I was anonymous the other day - messed up again!!

Anonymous said...

Be safe Nick!!

Anonymous said...

Dad and I are so proud of you, Nick. I know those you are helping were so relieved to see your unit arrive. Be safe, and know that you are missed by all of us.