July 8, 2010

Fun at Busch Stadium!

Going to see the STL Cardinals play at Busch Stadium is always a great time! Add friends and family, free food and drinks, and (let us not forget) FOAM FINGERS to that and you get one heck of a FUN night! Back on June 2nd, Nick and I (along with some friends and family) had awesome seats to the Cards vs. Reds game. We sat in the Bank of America Club seats which included an "all you can eat" buffet and free beverages! We were able to get the tickets at half price because of yours truly, me, being in the medical field. It was some kind of promotion for health care workers and we weren't gonna pass it up. Needless to say, we ate lots, drank much, and we very very merry!

Beer #1
The story behind this (and next several) beer picture is that I was bound and determined to eat and drink my money's worth to amount to the cost of my $50 ticket.
Me and the Mr.

Me and my nephew Gideon. 
This was baby G's first Cardinal's Game, so it was only fitting that he wear a My First Cardinals t-shirt (compliments of Auntie Liz)

Katy and I sporting our Mother's Day gifts from our kids!

Maggie and Andy came out for some Cardinal FUN!

The Love Family (minus Jami) came too!

Beer #2
Here we go!

Here is the rest of the gang. 

Looks like they've put a few back. 
By the look on Nick's face, maybe more than a few!

Beer #3
My "FREE" beer and $4 Roasted Peanuts.

Nick and Doug studying their All-Stars ballots.

And this my friends, is where the FUN begins!
The story (mind you it's from my perspective) goes a little something like this:
At some point in the night, after having a few too many beers, Nick says, "If someone can find a vendor that is selling foam fingers, then I will buy one for each of you. " Now if you have ever been to a game at Bush then you know that you have to go to a souvenir stand to buy things such as foam fingers. Well, Carly (the girl in the picture) went searching for a vendor that would come to us to sell Nick 10 foam fingers. As you can see, her determination paid off because she, as well as 9 other people, got a foam finger!

Nick A.K.A Oprah Winfrey
You get a foam finger, you get a foam finger, you're all getting foam fingers!!!!!

Oh my hubby, always the life of the party!

I am glad to see John having so much fun with his finger.

Foam Finger Picture Take #1

Foam Finger Picture Take # 2. That's better!

Beer #4

And I thought we left the kids at home?

Even baby Gideon got a foam finger!

Thank you Nick Walter!

Cardinal's Baseball Game Ticket's = $50.00
10 Cardinal's Foam Fingers= $86.59
The fun and memories shared (foam fingers and all)= PRICELESS!

Beer #5

This is what 5 beers later looks like!
Cardinals Won 4-1!

4 comments:

Jaycie and Randy said...

Love this post!!! Too funny and too fun!!

Me said...

Such a great time! Thanks again for including us in that great deal.

And it's about time you updated this blog!

Katy said...

We had such a good time! And I can't believe how much smaller Gideon looks!

Connie said...

What a fun post, Liz -- looks like a great time and we will hear tidbits from this evening for a long time. You're right -- priceless.