July 22, 2010

Our Trip To Sterling

At the beginning of this month, the boys and I headed to Sterling/Rock Falls for a family reunion on my Mom's side of the family. We don't get the chance to visit with all my family up north, so this was a trip I was really looking forward to! Nick was not able to come with us because he was (and still is) overseas on duty. I made the 4 hour drive with all three boys and Bella the dog all by myself! It actually was a very easy 4 hours. The boys and dog were great passengers.

On the first day there, we stayed with my Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Darrell (my Dad's Mom and Step Dad) My boys are their only Great Grandchildren, so you can only imagine all the spoiling that goes on when we are there visiting! Here is a picture of the boys with Grandpa Darrell.

The next day of our Sterling trip consisted of set-up/decorating the hall were the Family Reunion would take place. My Mom took on this Family Reunion pretty much all by herself. (now you know where my party planning/throwing skills come from) Of course she needed to recruit people to help decorate, so all her sisters and brothers along with their kids came to help.  It was an all day affair!  Here is my Mom and my Uncle John (my Mom's baby brother) while decorating.

After all the hard work setting up for the Reunion, we headed to my all time favorite spot to eat at when in Sterling......ANGELO'S PIZZA!!!!! The pizza there is like no other. It so DELICIOUS! Here are some pics taken at Angelos.
Noah and Great Great Aunt Pam  (my Dad's Aunt)

Joshua and his 2nd cousin Trenton. 
Man did they have FUN together!

Tia Lala (my baby sister) and Noah.
Papa Dan and Noah 

Daniel (my brother) and Cousin Phillip.

And here it is........my slice of "special"! YUMMY!

That night the boys and I stayed in a hotel. The boys had so much fun swimming in the hotel's pool and playing in hotel's arcade. I remember how fun it was to stay in a hotel as a kid! Here is a picture of the boys and I in the pool.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Fun times! I always loved staying at a hotel when I was a kid!

mom said...

Thanks for all your help too ELizabeth! I hope you and the kids always remember our 1st official reunion.