June 4, 2009

It's Official!

Today marks the day that Nicholas is no longer a Kindergartner. He is now a First Grader! Today was Nicholas's last day of school. He had to go to school for an one and a half hour to say good-bye to his wonderful teacher and get his report card. He was so excited to show everyone his final report card....ALL E's!!!!!! (Kindergarten talk for straight A's) I am so proud of him! I treated him to McDonald's (the one in Lebanon with a Play place) for a special "last day of school" lunch. Tia, Jamison, and Mia even joined in on the fun! I know that Nicholas is looking forward to this summer especially sleeping in and swimming. I am not going to lie. I am looking forward to "sleeping in" too!

"Good-bye Kindergarten. First Grade here I come!"

4 comments:

Grandma Violet said...

Yeah Nicholas!
Enjoy the late nights,and waking up when you want to wake up.
I can't wait to see you when you come to Texas, for your summer visit.
Let's go to the beach this time with Mom and Dad!
I love you and I'm so happy you pass to first grade.
Grandma Violet

Angie said...

I'm glad the girls will have an older cousin there to look after them come August!!!!

Grandma Connie said...

WOW, Nicholas -- you did amazing in kindergarten. We are so proud of you and know that you will continue the good work in first grade. I will miss seeing you out on the playground this summer.

Katy said...

Great job Nicholas! We couldn't be more proud of you!