June 11, 2009

A Movie Play Date


The boys and I met up with my best friend, Jaycie, and her little ones to see a free showing of Madagascar 2 at the movie theatre. This summer our local movie theatres are having free admission to kid movies. Now, theses movies are not new releases. As a matter of fact, they are all movies that are out on DVD. But this is my take on it:
1. It's FREE and I love free things!
2. My boys really don't know the difference. New. Old. It's pretty much all the same to them. Plus, they are going to be playing some movies that we have not seen yet.
3. It gives us a reason to get out of the house. Something different. We don't go to the movies very often ($$$)
4. We can invite our friends to join us! We had so much fun with Jaycie, Jack, and Livy!
5. Did I mention it's free? Well, let me take that back. I did spend $9 on 2 slushies for the boys. Aunt Jaycie bought a huge bucket of popcorn for all of us to share. Thanks, Aunt Jaycie! Next week I will be bringing in a stash of snacks in my purse (shhh........)

4 comments:

Grandma Connie said...

Everyone looks so happy -- what a fun thing to do with all these rainy days we have been having. You are a fun mom!

Katy said...

What fun! Let us know the next time you go, b/c we would love to join you!

Brittany said...

It sounds like you all had a great time!

Jaycie and Randy said...

Super fun!! Can't wait to do it again!! I totally pirated you picture :) But I gave you credit for it!! Love you guys, cant' wait to play soon!!