September 23, 2008

Apple Picking


Today was Nicholas's first Kindergarten field trip! We went apple picking at Ekert's. Nicholas is a pro when it comes to picking apples because this was his 3rd apple picking year in a row! However, this time Nicholas was able to ride a school bus to the orchard. He was so ecstatic when he found out he had to ride the bus! I was lucky to share this fun day with him while Daddy stayed home from work to watch Joshua and Noah. Nicholas was paired up with another classmate, Dominic, for the day. It made me sad to know that for some reason or another Dominic's mom or dad could not come to his 1st field trip. I did my best to patch the void. I made sure to take pictures of him too. I plan to print them tomorrow so that Nicholas can give them to him to give to his mom. They had lots of fun together and are now good buddies!

6 comments:

Katy said...

It looks like you had a fun day! Nicholas, stop getting so big!

Good job Liz getting pictures of Dominic for his parents. I'm sure they hated missing the day too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I am feeling much more in the Walter loop today!! The first field trip what an fun day!! I am sad already that I will miss out on all of those firsts for my kids... Daddy will be jumping in alot more when we are school age!!:)

Lindsey said...

That is so fun!!! I love it.

Angie said...

How exciting! The girls cannot wait to ride the school bus either, they say it every time we see one! You are a very lucky mommy to be able to go on those field trips! Maybe you can be a fill in for me whenever Cami and Syd hit school age?!?!? :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures
That's nice that you took the pictures for Nicholas friend parents. You are so thoughtful mija!
Love Ya
Mom

Anonymous said...

I always loved it so when my mom volunteered at our school. And my dad was a bus driver, so he often drove the bus for our school outings. Holy Childhood owned its own bus back then, so he would volunteer to drive the bus as he had a license for it. I never appreciated it back then as I do now how my parents juggled to be there for us. Thanks for taking me back, and sharing my grandkids lives with us.