September 15, 2008

Fun Times in Rock Island









We had a very eventful weekend! Nick and I had a great time at Brad and Brianne's wedding and the boys (along with Bella) enjoyed staying the weekend with Grandma Violet and Grandpa Dan. Nicholas, Joshua, and Noah were able to see the John Deere Museum in Moline thanks to Grandma and Grandpa. For those that do not know, my boys are HUGE John Deere fans so of course they loved it!! Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of them at the museum because Nick and I had to check in to our hotel and pick up Nick's tuxedo for the wedding.


The rehearsal and dinner was on Friday evening. After all the "serious" wedding stuff, we all decided to head downstairs to Bennigans for drinks. After a "few" drinks there, we decided we needed music! In the pouring rain (it never stopped raining the entire weekend) we all went to The District (similar to The Landing here in STL) We stopped at a bar where we listened to the Ruben Studdard of Rock Island band play. 2 appletinis and 2 beers later, I was ready to go back to the room (to go to sleep people! come on now!)


Saturday was the big day! Brad and Brianne said "I DO" and yes, of course, I cried! My Nick Walter looked so handsome in his tuxedo. Whenever he gets dressed in a tux it reminds me of our wedding day! After the ceremony, I headed back to the hotel with the girls for appetizers and more appletinis (I had to do something while I waited for Nick) The reception was lots of fun (as you can see from the pictures) But, we didn't stop there! The bride (dress and all), groom (tux and all), and the gang headed back out to The District for more drinks. The night ended at 3 am!


Sunday, Nick and I headed to Sterling/RockFalls to pick up the boys. I was able to briefly visit with my relatives. Even though my time was short, it was nice to see everyone. We are now home and exhausted! Thank you Mom and Dad for watching the boys!

6 comments:

Roma said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend!

Me said...

In my opinion...Nick should wear those sunglasses all the time. Looks like so much fun...we need a wedding here soon!

Anonymous said...

You both look so happy. I am glad you had a good time, but happy to have you safely home.

Anonymous said...

Well I have to say the last pic that Jared took of us may have been a bit too close...
Loved getting to see so much of you this weekend!!

Katy said...

You guys look like you had a blast! I'm glad you two had some fun adult time. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you let me have the boy's for the whole weekend. I will never forget the time we all had and how happy they were when we took them to the John Deere museum and gift shop. Just wish I had the camera on me.
They were so good and the baby was really good.
Dad and I are so proud of you. Again thanks for letting us have the kids all to ourselves. Everyone in Sterling and Rock Falls
loved seeing them.

Mom