September 28, 2008

Fall Festival


This was our 1st Fall Festival and we were lucky enough to have Grandpa Dan and Grandma Violet along for the fun. Every year, the elementary school's PTO hosts a Fall Festival for the students and their families. Nicholas and Joshua loved it! It was like a huge carnival......cotton candy, bouncy houses, game booths, and more.
The first thing that caught their eyes was the wagon ride that was pulled by tractor. We all know about their obsession with tractors. Grandma Violet, the boys, and I climbed aboard the wagon and went for a spin around the track! We literally had to climb up this huge haystack to get on. For a minute, I thought we were going to lose Grandma Violet in the hay!

Next, we headed for the enormous bouncy house. The line couldn't move quick enough for Nicholas and Joshua. As soon as it was their turn, they darted into that thing! One part of the bouncy house had a wall climb. Nicholas was able to make it up and over. However, my Joshua was not so Daddy had to intervene.

Next, came the bungee cord trampolines! These things looked like so much even I wanted a turn! Thank goodness for Grandma Violet waiting in line for us because this was the hit of the festival. Everyone wanted a turn to jump. After waiting patiently, Nicholas and Joshua were strapped in and up and down they went!

The last thing we tried out was the wall climb. Nicholas wasn't to sure about climbing all the way up this tall wall. Joshua on the other hand was like "let me at it!" ( I don't call him my daredevil for nothing) The results were Joshua was able to climb 1/4 of the wall. Nicholas got about 1/2 way up it when he looked down at me and said, "Mom, I can't do it." I kept telling him, "yes you can Nicholas! Use your big muscles! Pull! You can do it! Don't give up!" At the top of the wall was a bell to ring when you made it all the way up. Joshua and I started chanting to him, "RING THAT BELL, RING THAT BELL.........." Next thing I know Nicholas was at the top and rang the bell! Everyone in line clapped for Nicholas. He was so proud of himself!

5 comments:

Roma said...

Sounds like you guys had fun, cute pics!

Angie said...

Too much fun!!!! That's great that they put on a festival for the kids!

Anonymous said...

Remember the motto, Nicholas, "Never give up!" That really was quite a feat -- I saw how tall that wall was. I am so proud of you, and I know that Joshua will be able to do it in no time.

Me said...

Those boys are so strong! You raise them right :)

Anonymous said...

I had a great time with you all.
Wish I could have stayed for the wall climbing event.
Violet /Grandma Violet